|June 20, 2017||09:00 (EST)||2||$990.00||Register|
|September 05, 2017||09:00 (EST)||2||$990.00||Register|
|November 20, 2017||09:00 (EST)||2||$990.00||Register|
Duration: 2 Days
While using the Internet, you have probably encountered various attractive and useful websites, and you may have formed your own opinions of their capabilities and limitations. However, merely using the Internet will not give you an understanding ©of how these sites are created. In this course, you will examine the basics of foundational web technology and create your own functional web pages using markup languages such as Hypertext Markup Language (HTML), Extensible Hypertext Markup Language (XHTML), and Cascading Style Sheets (CSS).
You will create and design web pages with text, graphics, and data tables. You will then link these web pages to enable navigation between these web pages.
Web Design with XHTML, HTML, and CSS: Level 1 is intended for students who are interested in creating web pages and web sites using popular web publishing technologies. Students who want to learn web design for their personal use or for business related purposes will benefit equally.
You should be familiar with using personal computers with a mouse and keyboard and possess basic typing skills. You should be comfortable in the Windows environment and be able to use Windows to manage information on your computer. Specifically, you should be able to launch and close programs; navigate to information stored on the computer; and manage files and folders. Familiarity with Internet Explorer 7 and Firefox would be an advantage.
Course Completion Skills:
- Create a basic web page.
- Structure the content on your web page.
- Apply styles to the page elements.
- Create, modify, and format a table.
- Link web pages.
- Web Page Introduction to Web Design and Development
- Create a Basic Page Structure
- Structuring Content
- Create Headings and Horizontal Rules
- Control Text Flow
- Create Lists
- Applying Styles Using CSS Format Text
- Format Lists
- Format Images
- Modify Page Background Working with Tables
- Create a Table
- Modify the Table Structure
- Format the Table Linking Web Pages
- Create Hypertext Links
- Create Image Links
- Create Email Links
- Format Links
- Creating Web Page
- Layouts Group Content
- Create Box Layouts Managing CSS
- Apply Advanced CSS Selectors
- Create an External CSS
- Apply a CSS to Multiple Pages
- Apply Browser-Specific CSS
- Provide Alternate CSS Testing a Website