|September 05, 2017||09:00 (EST)||1||$395.00||Register|
|December 04, 2017||09:00 (EST)||1||$395.00||Register|
Duration: 1 day
You will compose SQL queries to retrieve desired information from a database.
Individuals with basic computer skills, familiar with concepts related to database structure and terminology, and who want to use SQL to query databases.
Basic end-user computer skills and some familiarity with database terminology and structure are required.
Upon successful completion of this course, students will be able to:
- Connect to the SQL Server database and execute a simple query.
- Include a search condition in a simple query.
- Use various functions to perform calculations on data.
- Organize data obtained from a query before it is displayed on-screen.
- Retrieve data from tables.
- Format an output, save a result, and generate a report.
Executing a Simple Query
- Connect to the SQL Database
- Query a Database
- Save a Query
- Modify a Query
- Execute a Saved Query
Performing a Conditional Search
- Search Using a Simple Condition
- Compare Column Values
- Search Using Multiple Conditions
- Search for a Range of Values and Null Values
- Retrieve Data Based on Patterns
Working with Functions
- Perform Date Calculations
- Calculate Data Using Aggregate Functions
- Manipulate String Values
- Sort Data
- Rank Data
- Group Data
- Filter Grouped Data
- Summarize Grouped Data
- Use PIVOT and UNPIVOT Operators
Retrieving Data from Tables
- Combine Results of Two Queries
- Compare the Results of Two Queries
- Retrieve Data by Joining Tables
- Check for Unmatched Records
- Retrieve Information from a Single Table Using Joins
Presenting Query Results
- Save the Query Result
- Generate an XML Report