|May 29, 2017||09:00 (EST)||5||$2,495.00||Register|
|August 14, 2017||09:00 (EST)||5||$2,495.00||Register|
|November 06, 2017||09:00 (EST)||5||$2,495.00||Register|
Duration: 5 Days
Describe the major networking technologies, systems, skills, and tools in use in modern networks.
The CompTIA® Network+ course is designed to help you prepare for the N10-006 exam. Taking this course and using this student guide will help you prepare for the certification. You should also refer to the exam objectives to see how they map to the course content.
This course is intended for entry-level computer support professionals with a basic knowledge of computer hardware, software, and operating systems who wish to increase their knowledge and understanding of networking concepts and acquire the required skills to prepare for a career in network support or administration, or who wish to prepare for the CompTIA Network+ certification (Exam N10-006). A typical student taking the CompTIA® Network+® (Exam N10-006) course should have a minimum of nine months of professional computer support experience as a PC or help desk technician. Networking experience is helpful but not mandatory; A+ certification or equivalent skills and knowledge is helpful but not mandatory.
To ensure your success in this course, you will need basic Windows end-user computer skills.
In addition, we highly recommend that you hold the CompTIA A+ certification, or have equivalent skills and knowledge.
Upon successful completion of this course, students will be able to:
- Identify basic network theory concepts and major network communications methods.
- Describe bounded network media.
- Identify unbounded network media.
- Identify the major types of network implementations.
- Identify TCP/IP addressing and data delivery methods.
- Implement routing technologies.
- Identify the major services deployed on TCP/IP networks.
- Identify the infrastructure of a WAN implementation.
- Identify the components used in cloud computing and virtualization.
- Describe basic concepts related to network security.
- Prevent security breaches.
- Respond to security incidents.
- Identify the components of a remote network implementation.
- Identify the tools, methods, and techniques used in managing a network.
- Describe troubleshooting of issues on a network.
- Networking Overview
- Network Standards and the OSI Model
- Network Types
- Identify Network Configurations
- Data Transmission Methods
Bounded Network Media
- Copper Media
- Fiber Optic Media
- Bounded Network Media Installation
- Noise Control
Unbounded Network Media
- Wireless Networking
- Wireless Network Devices and Components
- Install a Wireless Network
- Physical Network Topologies
- Logical Network Topologies
- Ethernet Networks
- Network Devices
TCP/IP Addressing and Data Delivery
- The TCP/IP Protocol Suite
- IPv4 Addressing
- Default IP Addressing Schemes
- Create Custom IP Addressing Schemes
- IPv6 Address Implementation
- Delivery Techniques
- Enable Static Routing
- Implement Dynamic IP Routing
- Assign IP Addresses
- Domain Naming Services
- TCP/IP Commands
- Common TCP/IP Protocols
- WAN Basics
- WAN Connectivity Methods
- WAN Transmission Technologies
- Unified Communication Technologies
Cloud and Virtualization Technologies
- SAN Implementations
- Cloud Computing
Network Security Basics
- Introduction to Network Security
- Threats and Attacks
- Authentication Methods
- Encryption Methods
Preventing Security Breaches
- Physical Security Controls
- Network Access Controls
- Install and Configure Firewalls
- Harden Networks
- Intrusion Detection and Prevention
- Educate Users
Responding to Security Incidents
- Incident Management and Response
- Basic Forensic Concepts
- Remote Network Architectures
- Remote Access Networking Implementations
- Virtual Private Networking
- VPN Protocols
- Network Monitoring
- Configuration Management Documentation
- Network Performance Optimization
Troubleshooting Network Issues
- Network Troubleshooting Models
- Network Troubleshooting Utilities
- Hardware Troubleshooting Tools
- Common Connectivity Issues
- Troubleshoot Security Configuration Issues
- Troubleshoot Security Issues