|August 25, 2017||09:00 (EST)||1||$695.00||Register|
|November 17, 2017||09:00 (EST)||1||$695.00||Register|
Learn how to be an effective leader in times of change and stress.
Constant development is the law of life, and a man who always tries to maintain his dogmas in order to appear consistent drives himself into a false position.- Mohandas K. Gandhi
Change can be constant in today’s business environment. Managers may feel out of their depth in implementing change imposed by senior management while helping their employees cope and get on with their day to day work. However with the right strategies for change management in place, dealing with changes in the workplace can go from stressful, rocky rides to easy transitions.
Participants in this one-day workshop will become more effective in understanding change, and how it affects the workplace and learn ways to increase employee resiliency and acceptance of change through team building and problem solving.
Through ctc TrainCanada’s Applied Learning Approach participants will develop their own action strategies for dealing with and accepting changes in their organizations and return to work better prepared to take on the challenge of change.
The workshop will teach participants to:
- Understand the change process & the human response to change
- How to increase resiliency to change and that of a team
- Understand how to use the Four-Room Apartment of change to help employees move through the four stages of change
- See change as an opportunity for self-motivation and innovation
- Develop strategies for dealing with and accepting organizational changes
- Recognize that change is all about attitude and how to help others move in a positive and healthy direction
Who will benefit?
- A manager who is responsible for maintaining a positive productive work environment in the face of organizational change
- Managers that are new to an organization undergoing change
- Professionals responsible for work groups leading change within an organization
- Introduction and Course Overview
Get to know other participants and discuss what will take place during the workshop. Participants will also have an opportunity to identify their personal learning objectives.
- What is Change?
To begin the day, we will discuss some basics of change, including definitions and examples.
- The Change Cycle
During this session, we will explore the three phases of William Bridges’ change cycle through lecture and small group work.
- The Human Reaction to Change
This session will look at Daryl Conner’s interpretation of the human response to change through lecture and small group work.
- The Pace of Change
We will look at how different people react to change in different ways and at different times through a lecture and a case study.
- The Pyramid Response to Change
We will examine how employees, middle management, and upper management are affected by change.
- A Four Room Apartment
This session will look at change using Claes Janssen’s four room apartment model.
- Dealing with Resistance
During this session, we will examine the three keys to successful change.
- Adapting to Change
This session will discuss how to become resilient to change through a lecture, personal case studies, and small group discussion.
- Strategies for Dealing with Change
Now that we have looked at change using a number of models, we will look at five strategies that can help you deal with change.
- Managing Anger
Change often makes people feel angry. We will look at some ways of dealing with our own anger and the anger of others through lecture and small group work.
- Managing Stress
Change can also make people feel stressed. During this session, we will look at some stress management and relaxation techniques.
- Workshop Wrap-Up
At the end of the day, participants will have an opportunity to ask final questions and create an action plan.