|August 14, 2017||09:00 (EST)||2||$635.00||Register|
|October 23, 2017||09:00 (EST)||2||$635.00||Register|
Duration: 2 Days| List Price: $635.00 CAD
(Available versions: CS4, CS5, CS6 & CC)
Adobe Illustrator is used to create complex advertisements, graphic designs and illustrations with type effects. This course is intended for students who are taking on design responsibilities and need to create logos, illustrations, advertisements, or other graphic documents.
The prerequisites for this course are:
- An introductory course to Windows or a solid working knowledge of Windows.
- A solid working knowledge of basic office software skills is required. (copying and pasting objects, formatting text, saving files, etc).
- Familiarity with basic design terminology, such as palettes, color modes, shapes, text, and paths is highly recommended.
Upon successful completion of this course, you will be able to:
- Use Adobe Illustrator to create illustrations that include graphics and text.
- Identify the components and capabilities of Illustrator.
- Create basic shapes.
- Create custom paths.
- Create graphics that contain custom text.
- Customize objects.
- Customize basic shapes.
- Prepare documents for deployment.
This course is intended for designers, publishers, pre-press professionals, marketing communications professionals, or people switching to a design job or taking on design responsibilities and who need to use Illustrator to create illustrations, logos, advertisements, or other graphic documents.
Introduction to Illustrator
- Evaluate Graphics Scalability
- Navigate, View, and Measure Graphics
- Customize the User Interface
Creating Documents Containing Basic Shapes
- Create Documents
- Save Documents
- Draw Basic Shapes
Creating Graphics Containing Customized Paths
- Draw Paths
- Modify Paths
Creating Graphics Containing Customized Text
- Insert Text
- Flow Text Along a Path
- Insert Bounded Text
- Thread Text
- Apply Text Styles
- Insert Typographical Characters
- Import and Link Graphics
- Alter the Appearance of Objects
Customizing Basic Shapes
- Apply Strokes
- Fill Shapes
- Apply Gradients
- Apply Graphic Styles
- Distort Text with Text Envelopes
Preparing Documents for Deployment
- Update Text
- Wrap Text
- Hyphenate Text
- Optimize Content for Print
- Optimize Content for the Web
- Optimize Content for PDF Documents