|September 05, 2017||10:30 (EST)||3||$1,750.00||Register|
|November 27, 2017||09:00 (EST)||3||$1,750.00||Register|
This three-day instructor-led course teaches students how to implement an Integration Services solution in an organization. The course discusses how to develop, deploy, and manage Integration Services packages.
This course is intended for information technology (IT) professionals and developers who need to implement data transfer or extract, transform, and load (ETL) solutions by using Microsoft SQL Server 2008 Integration Services.
Before attending this course, students must have:
- Exposure to enterprise data import and export scenarios.
- Experience navigating the Microsoft Windows Server environment.
- Experience with Microsoft SQL Server, including:
- SQL Server Agent.
- SQL Server query language (SELECT, UPDATE, INSERT, and DELETE).
- SQL Server System tables.
- SQL Server accounts (users and permissions).
In addition, it is recommended, but not required, that students have completed:
- Course 6231: Maintaining a Microsoft SQL Server 2008 Database.
- Course 6232: Implementing a Microsoft SQL Server 2008 Database.
Course Completion Skills:
- Describe SQL Server Integration Services and its tools.
- Create an Integration Services package.
- Implement control flow in an Integration Services package.
- Implement data flow in an Integration Services package.
- Implement logging in an Integration Services package.
- Debug and implement error handling in an Integration Services package.
- Implement checkpoints and transactions in an Integration Services package.
- Deploy an Integration Services package.
- Manage and secure an Integration Services package.
This course is recommended for exam 70-448 for the following certifications:
1. MCTS: Microsoft SQL Server 2008, Business Intelligence Development and Maintenance
- Required Exam: 70-448
2. MCITP: Business Intelligence Developer 2008
- *Required Exams: 70-448 & 70-452
*Multiple exams can be taken in any order
Module 1 Introduction to SQL Server 2008 Integration Services
The students will be introduced to the role that Integration Services plays in extracting, transforming, and loading data. The students will also be introduced to the tools that are used to build and manage Integration Services solutions.
- Overview of SQL Server Integration Services
- Using Integration Services Tools
Lab : Introduction to SQL Server Integration Services
Module 2 Developing Integration Services Solutions
The students will be introduced to the development tasks that are involved in creating an Integration Services package.
- Creating an Integration Services Solution
- Using Variables
- Building and Running a Solution
Lab : Developing Integration Services Solutions
Module 3 Implementing Control Flow
The students will be introduced to the tasks and precedence constraints that can be used to implement control flow in an Integration Services package.
- Control Flow Tasks
- Control Flow Precedent Constraints
- Control Flow Containers
Lab : Implementing Control Flow
Module 4 Implementing Data Flow
The students will be introduced to the data flow sources, transformations, and destinations that can be used to implement a data flow task in an Integration Services control flow. It also explains how to use data flow paths to direct valid and invalid rows through the data flow.
- Data Flow Sources and Destinations
- Basic Data Flow Transformations
- Advanced Data Flow Transformations
- Data Flow Paths
Lab : Implementing Data Flow
Module 5 Implementing Logging
The students will be introduced to how to use logging in an Integration Services package, and explained how to configure and use logging providers to generate information about a package’s execution.
- Overview of Integration Services Logging
- Using Logging
Lab : Implementing Logging
Module 6 Debugging and Error Handling
The students will be introduced to how to debug Integration Services packages by using the debugging tools in Business Intelligence Development Studio. It then explains how to implement error-handling logic in an Integration Services package.
- Debugging a Package
- Implementing Error Handling
Lab : Debugging and Error Handling
Module 7 Implementing Checkpoints and Transactions
The students will be introduced to what checkpoints are and how to implement them. It then discusses transactions, and describes how to implement transactional data access logic in an Integration Services package.
- Implementing Checkpoints
- Implementing Transactions
Lab : Implementing Checkpoints and Transactions
Module 8 Configuring and Deploying Packages
The students will be introduced to how to create Package Configurations and how to deploy Integration Services packages to production servers.
- Package Configurations
- Preparing and Deploying Packages
Lab : Configuring and Deploying Packages
Module 9 Managing and Securing Packages
The students will be introduced to the management tasks that relate to Integration Services packages and explained how to perform those tasks by using the Integration Services management tools. It also describes how to secure Integration Services packages.
- Managing Packages
- Securing Packages
Lab : Managing and Securing Packages