|May 29, 2017||09:00 (EST)||5||$2,895.00||Register|
|August 14, 2017||09:00 (EST)||5||$2,895.00||Register|
|October 16, 2017||09:00 (EST)||5||$2,895.00||Register|
About this Course
Get hands-on instruction and practice installing and configuring Windows Server 2012, including Windows Server 2012 R2, in this five-day Microsoft Official Course. This course is part one in a series of three courses that provides the skills and knowledge necessary to implement a core Windows Server 2012 infrastructure in an existing enterprise environment.
The three courses collectively cover implementing, managing, maintaining and provisioning services and infrastructure in a Windows Server 2012 environment. Although there is some cross-over of skills and tasks across these courses, this course focuses on the initial implementation and configuration of core services, such as Networking, Storage, Active Directory Domain Services (AD DS), Group Policy, File and Print Services, and Hyper-V.
This course maps directly to and is the preferred choice for hands-on preparation for Microsoft Certified Solutions Associate (MCSA) Exam 410:Installing and Configuring Windows Server 2012, which is the first of three exams required for MCSA: Windows Server 2012 credential.
This course is intended for information technology (IT) Professionals who have some knowledge and experience working with Windows operating systems and who want to acquire the skills and knowledge necessary to install and perform the initial configuration of a Windows Server 2012 or Windows Server 2012 R2 server in an existing Windows server environment. Candidates typically interested in attending this course would be
- Windows Server Administrators who are relatively new to Windows Server administration and the related technologies and are looking to learn more about Windows Server 2012 or Windows Server 2012 R2
- IT Professionals who are experienced in other non-Microsoft technologies, who meet the pre-requisites and are looking to cross-train on Windows Server 2012 and Windows Server 2012 R2
- IT Professionals who are looking to take the 410, Installing and Configuring Windows Server 2012 exam
- IT professional wanting to take the Microsoft Certified Solutions Expert (MCSE) exams in DataCenter, Desktop Infrastructure, Messaging, Collaboration and Communications will also be interested in taking this course as they prepare for the Microsoft Certified Solutions Associate (MCSA) exams, which are a pre-requisite for their individual specialties.
At Course Completion
After completing this course, students will be able to:
- Deploy and Manage Windows Server 2012.
- Describe Active Directory Domain Services (AD DS).
- Manage AD DS objects.
- Automate AD DS Administration.
- Implement IPv4.
- Implement Dynamic Host Configuration Protocol (DHCP).
- Implement Domain Name System (DNS).
- Implement IPv6.
- Implement local storage.
- Implement File and Print services.
- Implement Group Policy.
- Secure Windows servers by using Group Policy Objects (GPOs).
- Implementing Server Virtualization with Hyper-V.
Before attending this course, students must have:
- An understanding of networking fundamentals.
- An understanding of basic Active Directory concepts.
- An awareness and understanding of security best practices.
- Basic knowledge of server hardware.
- Experience working with and configuring Windows client operating systems, such as Windows 7 or Windows 8.
- Students would also benefit from having some previous Windows Server operating system experience.
Module 1: Deploying and Managing Windows Server 2012
- Windows Server 2012 R2 Overview
- Installing Windows Server 2012 R2
- Post-Installation Configuration of Windows Server 2012 R2
- Overview of Windows Server 2012 R2 Management
- Introduction to Windows PowerShell
Module 2: Introduction to Active Directory Domain Services
- Overview of AD DS
- Overview of Domain Controllers
- Installing a Domain Controller
Module 3: Managing Active Directory Domain Services Objects
- Managing User Accounts
- Managing Groups
- Managing Computer Accounts
- Delegating Administration
Module 4: Automating Active Directory Domain Services Administration
- Using Command-line Tools for AD DS Administration
- Using Windows PowerShell for AD DS Administration
- Performing Bulk Operations with Windows PowerShell
Module 5: Implementing IPv4
- Overview of TCP/IP
- Understanding IPv4 Addressing
- Subnetting and Supernetting
- Configuring and Troubleshooting IPv4
Module 6: Implementing Dynamic Host Configuration Protocol
- Installing a DHCP Server Role
- Configuring DHCP Scopes
- Managing a DHCP Database
- Securing and Monitoring DHCP
Module 7: Implementing DNS
- Name Resolution for Windows Clients and Servers
- Installing a DNS Server
- Managing DNS Zones
Module 8: Implementing IPv6
- Overview of IPv6
- IPv6 Addressing
- Coexistence with IPv4
- IPv6 Transition Technologies
Module 9: Implementing Local Storage
- Overview of Storage
- Managing Disks and Volumes
- Implementing Storage Spaces
Module 10: Implementing File and Print Services
- Securing Files and Folders
- Protecting Shared Files and Folders by Using Shadow Copies
- Configuring Work Folders
- Configuring Network Printing
Module 11: Implementing Group Policy
- Overview of Group Policy
- Group Policy Processing
- Implementing a Central Store for Administrative Templates
Module 12: Securing Windows Servers Using Group Policy Objects
- Windows Operating Systems Security Overview
- Configuring Security Settings
- Restricting Software
- Configuring Windows Firewall with Advanced Security
Module 13: Implementing Server Virtualization with Hyper-V
- Overview of Virtualization Technologies
- Implementing Hyper-V
- Managing Virtual Machine Storage
- Managing Virtual Networks