|May 08, 2017||09:00 (EST)||5||$2,895.00||Register|
|June 12, 2017||09:00 (EST)||5||$2,895.00||Register|
|August 14, 2017||09:00 (EST)||5||$2,895.00||Register|
|October 23, 2017||09:00 (EST)||5||$2,895.00||Register|
Duration: 5 Days
About this course
This five-day course will provide you with the knowledge and skills to plan and administer a Microsoft SharePoint 2016 environment. The course teaches you how to deploy, administer, and troubleshoot your SharePoint environment. This course also provides guidelines, best practices, and considerations that help you optimize your SharePoint deployment.
This is the first in a sequence of two courses for IT professionals and is aligned with the SharePoint 2016 IT Pro certification.
The course is targeted at experienced IT professionals who are interested in learning how to install, configure, deploy, and manage SharePoint 2016 installations either in a data center or in the cloud.
Students typically have more than one year of hands-on experience* with planning and maintaining SharePoint and two years’ experience with other core technologies on which SharePoint depends, including Windows Server 2012 R2 or later, Internet Information Services (IIS), Microsoft SQL Server 2014 or later, Active Directory Domain Services (AD DS), and networking infrastructure services.
The minimally qualified candidate typically:
- Is an IT professional who plans, implements, and maintains a multi-server deployment of SharePoint 2016
- Has a working knowledge of, and preferably hands-on experience, with SharePoint Online
- Has broad familiarity with SharePoint workloads
- Has experience with business continuity management, including data backup, restoration, and high availability
- Has experience with authentication and security technologies
- Has experience with Windows PowerShell
* The hands-on experience or job experience should be from a solutions-based role where the candidate has worked on multiple solutions in the SharePoint space that includes document management, content management, and search.
Before attending this course, students must have knowledge of:
- Software management in a Windows Server 2012 or Windows Server 2012 R2 enterprise server environment
- Deploying and managing applications natively, virtually, and in the cloud
- Administering IIS
- Configuring AD DS for use in authentication, authorization, and as a user store
- Managing an application remotely by using Windows PowerShell 4.0
- Managing databases and server roles in SQL Server
- Connecting applications to SQL Server
- Implementing claims-based security
- Using Microsoft Hyper-V virtual machines
An ideal candidate for this course must have at least one year of experience with deploying and administering multiple SharePoint 2013 farms across a large enterprise. Because many customers have not upgraded from SharePoint 2010, a candidate can also have at least two years of experience with SharePoint 2010. However, they also must understand the differences between SharePoint 2010 and SharePoint 2013, particularly in terms of hybridization.
At course completion
After completing this course, students will be able to:
- Describe the key features of SharePoint 2016.
- Design an information architecture for a SharePoint 2016 deployment.
- Design a logical architecture for a SharePoint 2016 deployment.
- Design the physical architecture for a SharePoint 2016 deployment.
- Install and configure SharePoint 2016.
- Create and configure web applications and site collections.
- Plan and configure service applications for a SharePoint 2016 deployment.
- Manage users and permissions, and secure content in a SharePoint 2016 deployment.
- Configure authentication in a SharePoint 2016 deployment.
- Configure platform and farm-level security in a SharePoint 2016 deployment.
- Manage information taxonomy in SharePoint web applications and site collections.
- Configure and manage user profiles and audiences.
- Configure and manage the search experience in SharePoint 2016.
- Monitor, maintain, and troubleshoot a SharePoint 2016 deployment.
Module 1: Introducing SharePoint 2016
- Key components of a SharePoint deployment
- New features in SharePoint 2016
- SharePoint 2016 deployment options
Module 2: Designing an information architecture
- Identifying business requirements
- Understanding business requirements
- Organizing information in SharePoint 2016
- Planning for discoverability
Module 3: Designing a logical architecture
- Overview of the SharePoint 2016 logical architecture
- Documenting your logical architecture
Module 4: Designing a physical architecture
- Designing physical components for SharePoint deployments
- Designing supporting components for SharePoint deployments
- SharePoint farm topologies
- Mapping a logical architecture design to a physical architecture design
Module 5: Installing and configuring SharePoint 2016
- Installing SharePoint 2016
- Scripting installation and configuration of SharePoint
- Configuring SharePoint 2016 farm settings
Module 6: Creating web applications and site collections
- Creating web applications
- Configuring web applications
- Creating and configuring site collections
Module 7: Planning and configuring service applications
- Introduction to the service application architecture
- Creating and configuring service applications
Module 8: Managing users and permissions, and securing content
- Configuring authorization in SharePoint 2016
- Managing access to content
Module 9: Configuring authentication for SharePoint 2016
- Overview of authentication
- Configuring federated authentication
- Configuring server-to-server authentication
Module 10: Securing a SharePoint 2016 deployment
- Securing the platform
- Configuring farm-level security
Module 11: Managing taxonomy
- Managing content types
- Understanding managed metadata
- Configuring the managed metadata service
Module 12: Configuring user profiles
- Configuring the User Profile Service Application
- Managing user profiles and audiences
Module 13: Configuring Enterprise Search
- Understanding the Search Service Application architecture
- Configuring Enterprise Search
- Managing Enterprise Search
Module 14: Monitoring and maintaining a SharePoint 2016 environment
- Monitoring a SharePoint 2016 environment
- Tuning and optimizing a SharePoint 2016 environment
- Planning and configuring caching
- Troubleshooting a SharePoint 2016 environment